If you’ve seen Wayne’s World, the title of this post might make more sense.
Sometimes I do strange things. Things I can’t explain. And today, I did one of those things.
It was a dark and cloudy day, and this girl had quite an agenda.
As I ran errands this afternoon in preparation for my trip to the
South Pole Kansas, I had to make a stop at the beauty supply store. Which happens to be next to a thrift store. Which happens to be a great place to buy books. (Can’t beat $1 books.) Needless to say, I was already parked, so it would have been wrong of me to NOT go in.
As I walked through the store, perusing the myriads of 50 year old microwaves and VHS tapes, I grabbed a few cheesy chick-lit books and started to head towards the counter. And then it caught my eye.
A slightly worn-down, pretty nice looking coffee table. Antique-ish and kind of classy, with a hint of homely. (I should be a wine taster with adjectives like that eh?) It should be noted that what REALLY caught my eye was a sign on it that said $5. I went straight to the lady at the counter and asked her if that was correct and if there was anything wrong with the coffee table. She said it was just fine and that it was, in fact, only $5.
The next thing I knew I was driving out of the parking lot with 2 books and a coffee table.
After my internal celebration started to dwindle (i love a good deal!), my mind started working. (Always a scary thing when that happens.) It wasn’t until I had started making my turn out of the parking lot that I realized I had no idea what I was going to do with this coffee table. I kind of sat there for a minute trying to figure out why it was that I even bought the coffee table. I was left with nothing.
Here is what I came up with:
1) I can try to sell it on Craigslist for a best-case scenario $30. A whopping $25 profit that will probably take about 56 hours of my time to get.
2) Keep it in my already-too-crowded apartment in an attempt to complete the at-home jungle gym I’ve been building.
3) Give it to someone as a gift. (Hi Uncle Steve, I bought this old, worn out coffee table and it totally reminded me of you!)
4) I could give it to Goodwill and continue to tell the story of how I bought a coffee table that I gave away the same day for the rest of my life.
5) I’m leaving this one up to you guys.
WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THIS COFFEE TABLE?
Tawk amongst yahselves….