Sometimes, I think I like to act like I’m an Olympic athlete. Or like I’m on the Biggest Loser and need to work out all day long. Or maybe I just have a few screws loose in my head. Yeah, that’s probably it….
Today would be a great example.
I missed boxing this morning in favor of relaxing in front of the computer. I took a shot of Amazing Crack Grass(just you wait to see what I have to say about that!) and let’s just say my energy level was equal to what crack probably does to you higher than normal.
I went to the gym to CRUSH my back. I wanted to just annihilate it. I decided I didn’t want to workout with my trainer, I wanted to kick my OWN ass today. And wow did I. I wrote out my workout and wrote down the weights I used and reps. I haven’t done this in a LONG time because I got sick of it, but it’s coming back!!! I forgot how motivating it can be!
For back I did: Assisted chin-ups(pronated and neutral grips), Lat Pulldowns, CG Cable Rows(hi-low), MG Cable Rows(lo-hi), One Arm Cable Rows(level)
For abs I did: 3 Planks: 2 were bodyweight for 1:30 and 1 was with a 25 lb plate on my back for 1 minute; I also did hanging leg raises and side planks.
I was going super heavy on all sets for my back. Doing drop sets for the last sets and just going to complete failure. I was that girl in the gym today.(The one that makes annoying noises and looks like she wants to kill a small animal.)
Then, my trainer came over to me and said “Make sure you get chest and biceps in too.”
So, I finished up back and abs, and hopped on the Step Mill for 30 minutes. Afterwards, chest and biceps happened. Again, c.r.u.s.h.e.d. I didn’t go SUPER heavy on chest because I’m really not trying to build my chest, so I keep reps at about 12-15. I was seriously FULLLLLL of energy, so hyper and SO excited to work out.
Chest & Bis(super sets): DB Bench(30lbs each)/EZ Bar Cu rl(45 lbs); DB Incline(30lbs each)/DB Curls(20 lbs each); Cable Flys/21’s(used a 12 lb dumbbell, my biceps were toast at this point.)
2.5 hour workout. Absolutely dead.
Oh, it didn’t end there. I headed home, refueled, took a test at school, dropped off another assignment and then headed to the field to meet my friend to do sprints. We did a bunch of sprints(long and short), agility exercises(he plays arena football), and hill sprints.
I then headed to meet some friends that were playing football at the park(what am I 12? haha) but I can’t turn down playing catch. I love it!! That wasn’t super intense, but about 2 hours later, it was time for boxing.
This was a new boxing class at my gym that I have never tried. It. was. ridiculous. I felt like I had never worked out a day in my life in that class. I was partially fatigued from the day, but it was just a really hard class. Tons of pushups, but not just go at your own pace. The kind where he yells “Down, 1/2 way up, down, all the way up, 1/2 way down, hold it” Yeah. That kind. And he literally gave us NO rest throughout the hour. And it was balls to the walls.
I am too lazy to write out all my meals today. Ah, fine.
Meal 1: 1 egg, 1 cup egg whites, 2 apples, 1 grapefruit(they are so good!)
Meal 2: 1 scoop protein powder + 1 scoop glutamine
Meal 3: 1 cup egg whites, 1 sweet potato, 1 TBSP Almond butter, Stevia
Meal 4: 4 oz. chicken, 1 tsp coconut oil, 2 TBSP salsa, 1/2 bag of green beans, 1 apple, 1 TBSP Almond Butter
Meal 5: 4 oz. chicken, 1/4 avocado, sriracha and another grapefruit(they are small)
2173 calories for the day. With all the exercise, that’s good and probably a little low.
AMAZING GRASS: I, like Becca and Genie, am OBSESSED. I SWEAR TO YOU..most energy I’ve ever had in my LIFE this morning. I was a MACHINEEEEEEEE. And the only thing I did different was my shot of amazing grass. Amazing Crack for life!
The hot April tagged me for the Honest Scrap Award which asks me to divulge 10 Truths then tag 7 more bloggers who I think will be 100% truthful.
1. I am a dirty girl. No not like that. I eat chicken that may or may not be 100% cooked all the way through sometimes(I cook it, put it in the fridge, and sometimes if I’m out on the fly I’ll notice it is a tiny bit pink.). I eat with my hands when my hands haven’t been washed. I will sometimes workout in the morning and go about my entire day without showering until I get home. I am surprised I don’t get sick more often haha. Puking yet?
2. I am totally scared of black ice. I got in a rollover with friends once and it is still something I fear.
3. I once was asked if I had a dog(a month after my dog had died) and for some reason I said yes. This person talked to me about the dog and I just started describing my recently dead dog. Made up stories about what he did, what he looked like, how he acted. About 2 months later I said that my dog died “a few weeks ago” so that I wouldn’t have to keep telling the stories. I still have no idea why i even said I had a dog and it still makes me laugh hahaha
4. I will never understand people who don’t have goals. I don’t care how weird or dumb you might think your goal is, at least you have one. People that just DON’T creep me out.(ahem ex boyfriend ahem)
5. Sometimes I think about how much power we, as humans, actually have. Like if we wanted to, we could rob someone. That person might have anxiety or fear issues for the rest of their life. The fact that every single thing we do affects people is crazy! (i promise i’m not a stoner, i just think a lot haha)
6. Sometimes I feel like a “loser” blogger. I don’t get like hundreds of comments a day like some of the more popular bloggers do. Not that I care really haha but just an odd observation.
7. I also think its funny that one week everything that people eat in the blog world is “as big as their head” and then the next week its “the size of their face”. Little bloggy sayings that catch on.
8. I have been known to not answer my phone for a few days at a time. Sometimes I just want to be disconnected!!
9. I tend to get stuck on a food and just eat it to death. I used to eat like 10 apples a day. Not a joke. haha these days I’ve turned that obsession over to green beans.
10. I think i’m hilarious. People may or may not agree, but i crack myself up, and that’s all that matters.
Okay, since so many of my (2) bloggy friends have already received this…I am giving this to all my readers!! So all 3 of you, repost and do this!!